Long Beach Jacaranda Fest is now part of Neighbor Day Weekend. With over 6,500 Jacarandas in Long Beach why not celebrate the blooms on your block! Make it a block party or a front yard event alongside neighbors, filled with food, fun & local music.
Ideas for your Block Party
Entertainment: Band, DJ or Create a fun playlist for the afternoon
Activities: Jacaranda Lei Making, Chalk Art, Coloring, Balloon Toss, Water Color, Bike riding, Skateboarding, Roller Skating,
Food: Anything Purple! We will be connecting to eateries to see if they would like to participate and create purple foods/drinks. We encourage Potluck style with neighbors.
See our Pinterest Board for ideas.
Purple Reigns! To be a host a Long Beach Jacaranda Fest host on your block with your neighbors, please read these guidelines and submit the form below.
Inside the kit are:
- A Jacaranda Fest Flyer
- 25 Name Tags
- See Neighbor Day for entire kit list
Please use our hashtags #jacarandfestlb, #neighbordaylb and #welovelb.
- Ask neighbors to come alongside you to host the block party. Please don’t do this alone.
- As a host, you will be expected to apply for the the block party permit with Long Beach Special Events and go out and get the signatures on your block. Please review Block Party Permit Requirements here. 66% of your Block must agree and sign the Resident Signature Survey Form. It is suggested to ask 2-3 neighbors go with you.
- Invite a few neighbors to pass out flyers door to door to your block 2 weeks before the event.
- Work with neighbors to provide a purple potluck block party!
Please don’t use this block party to promote your personal or professional interests. ie. Political, Religious, or Business interests.
Have Fun & Be Creative!